Family Information and PTA News 22 December 2022
Welcome to Percy Hedley School's Family Liaison blog!
I want to start by wishing all our students, families, and friends a very Happy Christmas and New Year 2023 when it comes. It has been wonderful to see school return to pre pandemic activities and the last 2 weeks have been especially busy.
This will be a shorter than usual blog as I have been so busy with events in school that I have not had as much time to research.
I have loved seeing so many parents and family members back in school and discussions are underway to see what else we can achieve.
Event sign in: When we are holding parent events in school, whether a coffee morning, class event etc our office staff create an “event” on the inventory (sign in system). If we know exactly who is coming, we can add the name to this system. It means that you can sign in by:
- Click the event on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Select your name from the list.
- Click enter.
- Collect your badge from the office.
The alternative is a lengthy process, requiring your email address, who you are visiting, car registration and photo and causes a backlog at reception. It also means you can be left waiting in the rain, sun or snow and you could even be late. I am normally at reception to assist.
16-19 Bursary applications
Application forms have been sent out and need to be returned with evidence no later than 10th January 2023. If you need more information, please contact me.
Christmas Holidays SEN Sessions
East End Pool (Byker pool)
Thursday 29th December 10-12am
Saturday 31st December 10-12am
Friday 6th January 2023 12-2pm as part of our Best Winter ever campaign, Slides, Inflatables and a hot meal is included free of charge. (This session was funded by the residents of Newcastle.)
Centre for Life
Remember the festive fiver offer. See previous blog for details. Here are the opening hours over the festive period.
Saturday 24th December: Science Centre 10am-5pm, Ice Rink first skate 9.30am-4.30pm last skate.
Christmas Day – closed.
Boxing Day – closed.
Tuesday 27th-Friday 30th: Science Centre 10am-5pm, Ice Rink 9.30am-late.
Saturday 31st December: Science Centre 10am-5pm, Ice Rink first skate 9.30am, last skate 4.30pm.
Sunday 1st January – closed.
Monday 2nd January: Science Centre 10am-5pm, Ice Rink first skate 9.30am-late.
Free bus travel on Arriva over the holiday period
Kids go free this holiday season with Arriva. They’re really excited to extend their ‘Kids go free’ offer across the North East. This lasts from December 17th 2022-8th January 2023
What a fantastic term we have had, both giving and receiving.
Your children/young people have enjoyed:
- 2 MOVE events subsidised to the tune of £400 by us. Huge thanks to Mary Ingram, Tina Christopher, Steph Tucker and the MOVE Team.
- A full day of fun, disco and party with True Colours
- Memberships paid for National Trust, Tim Lamb and Parentkind.
- Books; each student will receive a book as a gift from the PTA chosen by class teams. Huge thanks to Becky Finn and Philip Hedworth for co-ordinating
- £250 private donation
- £100 club subscriptions (71 and rising)
- £273.35 form raffle and tombola
- £32.55 form Carols at Killingworth
- Donation to be confirmed from Tracey Horner from sales of “The Little Falcon”.
- Money from sales of Christmas cards to be confirmed.
We couldn’t do this without your support and we really hope that it all makes a difference.
PTA 100 Club
There is still time to join before we draw the first 6 months of draws in February.
The form is below:
The link to our Facebook page is here
All that remains is a wish from me to you for a very Merry Christmas and may 2023 be a good year for you,