Whole School Intent
Our curriculum intends to offer pupils a rich and balanced curriculum, providing them the opportunity to develop in all areas of their lives. Every opportunity is seized to help pupils make sense of their world, develop knowledge skills and understanding relevant to their lived experiences and support their communication, independence, and physical and mental wellbeing.
We want every pupil to:
- Be able to communicate effectively with those around them.
- Be at optimum health, both physically and mentally.
- Be as functional and independent as possible.
- To engage with and be excited by the curriculum.
- Be able to regulate their behaviour and sensory needs and keep themselves safe.
- Be resilient, confident and uniquely themselves.
If you’d like to know more about our curriculum then you can view the curriculum overview and see what reading looks like at Percy Hedley School.