Access to Supported Volunteering
We can provide continued support if you would like to access volunteering opportunities recognising the early work skills that you may have. A volunteering opportunity is sourced close to your home by the Percy Hedley Foundation Employability Project and supported by staff. Over time, support can be withdrawn and oversight provided by a job coach. However, we recognise that you may always need support to continue this meaningful activity.
- Meaningful involvement in long term volunteering placements.
- Greater social inclusion.
- A new challenge that will develop new skills.
- Improved confidence and self-worth.
- To make a positive contribution to society.