We know how hard it has been for everyone while we have had restrictions in place on non-essential visits. We’d like to thank you for your support during this time, and we’re excited to welcome you back, we’ve missed you!
We are now able to start introducing outdoor visits at all homes that have been symptom free for 14 days. As with most things in our lives now, it won’t be visits as we knew them before COVID-19. We are still in the middle of a pandemic, and the safety of our residents, teams and visitors is our main priority.
From tomorrow (2 July), our teams at each of the homes we manage, will start sending out information about:
- Visiting options available at the home
- Days/times that visits are available
- How you can book visits
- Safety measures that we’re asking all visitors to follow
- What you can expect when you arrive
We can only book a limited number of visits each week so that we can clean areas between visits and make sure we have enough staff to support the visits safely. We also want to make sure that all residents who want to, have equal opportunity to see their loved ones.
- You must book your visit in advance
- Visits will be limited to 60 minutes duration
- Only two family members from the same household will be allowed per visit
- No children (aged 16 or under) will not be allowed at this point in time
- Before you can attend your pre-booked visit, you will need to complete a health screening questionnaire
- Please don’t attend for your visit if you have any of the symptoms of COVID-19 (high temperature, new continuous cough or loss/change of sense of taste/smell) or if you or someone in your household has tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days
We know that some of the things we’re asking you to do will be difficult when you have not seen your loved one for some time, but we believe they are vital in protecting everyone, so we thank you for your support.
We’ll be sending the information to all family/friends that we have listed as key contacts for residents and to people that have already registered their interest in booking visits.
If you’re not already registered and you’d like to add your name to the list, please contact the team at the home your loved one is staying at:
Bradbury View: 0191 216 5180
Tees House: 0191 281 3693
Chipchase House/Ferndene: 0191 238 1313
Leybourne: 0191 268 1790
Tyne House: 0191 281 8957
Wansbeck House: 0191 212 7861
We look forward to seeing you soon!