The Percy Hedley Foundation was delighted to welcome delegates from the St. James’s Place Foundation to Hedleys Percy Hedley School recently.
Last year, we were extremely grateful to receive a record-breaking £1million donation from St. James’s Place, which helped us to consolidate Percy Hedley School onto one site with a purpose-built junior school annex.
Building work was completed just before Christmas and the children from Lower School have been settling into their new building since the start of the year.
The Foundation invited Malcolm Cooper-Smith and Mark Beverley from St. James’s Place to see the new school building and unveil a plaque in recognition of their amazing support.
They were also given a tour by Head of School Katie Murray and presented with lots of thank you cards and letters from students.
The St. James’s Place Foundation is a grant-making charity with a difference. The vast majority of funds raised come from fundraising or generous donations made by Partners and employees of St. James’s Place each year. These funds are then matched pound for pound by the company.
Over the last 25 years the St. James’s Place community has raised and distributed in excess of £46 million to good causes.
Carole Harder, Chief Executive at The Percy Hedley Foundation, said: “As a direct result of this fantastic donation, one of the largest of its kind in the North East, we are now able to provide more support to many disabled children and their families to ensure they get the best start in life.”
If any parents are interested in placements or a visit to any of our education facilities please contact Executive Headteacher, Sue Fisher, on 0191 238 1320 or 0191 216 1811.
For more information about Hedleys Percy Hedley School click here.