We are a CQC registered service, providing support to enable individuals to live independently in their own home, to access their community and to go on holiday. All support provided reflects and promotes our values that focus upon the individual being at the centre of their care, service planning and service delivery.
The Community Support Service provides support which is flexible to meet individual customer need over a 24hr period, seven days per week including bank holidays and other public holidays.
Our service is currently provided across four boroughs (North Tyneside, Newcastle, South Tyneside and Northumberland), with customers who have a range of complex long-term conditions which include behaviours that can challenge, epilepsy, a learning disability, a physical disability, Cerebral Palsy, Angelman Syndrome, Diabetes, Superior Mesenteric Artery Syndrome, Communication Difficulties, Dysphagia, PEG/ PEJ, reduced skin integrity and Autism.
Individuals, and their advocates, are actively involved in all elements of the assessment process in order to ensure that their support is person-centred and outcome focussed, based around their needs and aspirations which maximises potential, promotes independence and decision making and promotes access to opportunities.
There will be a core team of highly skilled, reliable and passionate staff who work with the individual, who are all trained and assessed as competent to meet individuals’ specific needs. Examples of support:
- assisting with personal care and continence requirements such as dressing and bathing
- assisting with PEG or PEJ feeds.
- administering medication or medication prompts.
- purchasing food; preparing and cooking meals; and assisting individuals with Dysphagia concerns at mealtimes.
- laundering clothes and bedding; and general household cleaning.
- sourcing, organising and accessing community activities; enabling individuals to develop and maintain friendships.
- supporting therapy sessions; facilitating and supporting attendance at appointments
- supporting individuals to manage their finances and travel training
Contact Pippa Raw on 0191 238 1300 or firstname.lastname@example.org